About EXPEDITIONS

I am here to share the world with you but through my eyes, my thoughts and my perspectives.
I am an avid traveller and i love what nature has blessed us with.I am also fond of Man's creations.Be it dense forest, rattling rivers, hot sands, cool beaches,
high mountains, serene backwaters, busy plainlands, historical places, romantic getaways, fast-paced cities India has it all and
am proud of being an Indian and lucky to have visited most her beautiful places. I am here to take you through
my journeys in India and show you things I have observed and pen down my Thoughts in this blog. I hope you all Enjoy my new blog!
Do pay a visit there also.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A lilttle about Srinagar

Srinagar, capital of Kashmir is no doubt a beautiful valley.A Bird View from the winding roads coming from Patnitop to Srinagar will give you the impression of a "bowl of mountains with the capital as soup", it engulfs the valley 360degree and gives it a secure feel.But it is Srinagar that has the burns of the most terrifying wars, attacks and conflicts.If you are aware of those periods chill will shiver down your spine when you visit Hazrat Bal.Nevertheless people of Kashmir will make you feel at home with their hospitality and you'll soon forget the dark days and simply be lost in the charismatic and enchanting creation of God, Kashmir.
Hazrat Bal Darwaja

Hazrat Bal When Namaz is Read
 Shankaracharya Temple is also a place to visit(photography is strictly prohibited inside the shrine).The most beautiful view of Srinagar is available from the top most steps out of the 1000 to climb the abode.You get immense sense of peace and harmony at such heights and also because of the serenity of the surroundings.
The view

The Breathtaking View    

No comments:

Post a Comment